Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The return of the night terror and my son smells like cheese

Yesterday was a wild day and for the record we probably will never do all of those things on the same day ever again. Bright was up at 6:30. We played, went to the Child and Family Resource Center where he played in the ball circle, planted seeds, played in the dirt barrel, and painted. Then back home with a 4 minute put down for a nap by rocking. Yay! Up at 11:45 for lunch with daddy. Then the madness really began. We had an appointment at 1:30 to see to potential houses. So at 12:45 I started to get Bright ready and was thrilled that he had poo-ed since that meant he wouldn't be doing that during our tour. Diaper changed and we were ready- or so I thought. No sooner had I gotten his shoes on did he start making the poo face again. Okay- wait a few minutes, then change him again, right? Sure except this time he wriggled out and took off throughout the apartment with a poo butt running like mad, screetching with glee and stopping every now and then to squat and poo a bit more, on the floor. What a nightmare. How are these kids so damn fast when naked and pooing??? I was trying to catch him, keep clean for the showings, get him cleaned and he was still going... Ugh! All told I think I counted 5 separate places where he left his mark. New outfit, scrubbed floors (thank god it's a rental, as Andy likes to say), new diaper, out the door. Both houses were good, naturally with pluses and minuses. Back home to try for nap. Bright was too revved, so was I. No nap. On to lacrosse game- Andy's college where he teaches vs. my alma mater- I think my team won. Met grampy there stayed for a short time because we had to eat dinner and go back to show Andy the houses at 6:00. Houses both were okay on second viewing. Probably will make an offer on the bigger one with no driveway.... Previous owner never had a car and never had a driveway.Interesting... Then back home where Bright buzzed around like he was on the crack. In bed by 8:30. Us by 10:00. Night terror at 11:00. Very scary to see Bright with eyes rolled back and wailing inconsolably and still be sleeping. Fortunately this was short 3-4 minute one that was solved by some singing of a familiar song right in his ear. Out like a light until 1:00, up for a few minutes. Took him to our bed where he hogged my side for about 10 minutes when I decided to plop him back in his own bed where he slept until 6:30. Phew!

Oh, and his feet stink like cheese today. Like a nice nutty Gruyere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOLL Okay, poo butt, Gruyere...it all made me laugh out loud. The night terror thing sounds awful though...poor little guy. But congrats on the potential house...that's exciting!!