Saturday, May 31, 2008

Laziness has overtaken us

The house is a mess. Not just a small mess that you can pick up in 5-10 minutes, but the kind that once you start cleaning you realize that there is yet another level of grime/dust/ground in cheerios/dried spaghetti in the carpet/general grossness that needs to be dealt with- at some other time. It's the "some other time" that never seems to come around. By the time we get around to Spring Cleaning it will be too cold to open up the windows and clean the screens and glass. At some point I did actually start to follow the advice that everyone gives new moms about just letting some stuff go in order to make yourself go less crazy that first year with a baby. The things I have let go are (in no particular order)- an overall clean house, clean car, myself, the cat's grooming (sorry Tibby), and regular church going. Strangely enough I seem to be okay with most of these things except the regular church going (thanks to the old Catholic guilt) and letting myself go. Seems as though the days that I head into town with the track pants on and a stained up baseball cap covering the "not showered yet and it's past noon" head of hair are the days that I will run into someone from my past- a highschool acquaintance, a former boss, an old teacher, or family friend. That's just how it works for me.

Went to the Pageant of Bands today with Bright. He still has a fever but the on-call doctor didn't seem concerned. So we dosed him up with Tylenol and packed him in the car for the short trip. About 10-15 high school marching bands competed for awards in the Parade Performance category. Andy and I liked it, Bright was just excited to see some dogs walk by us while we were there.

Off to bed. Bright had us up a lot last night and has woken up twice in the 2 hours he's been down already tonight. His 15 month appointment is coming and we aren't getting shots. He was due for a Hep A shot but there is a shortage of that so he won't get it and his Tetanus was given to him too early so he won't need that either. I had spoken briefly to our doctor about postponing his other upcoming shots until he starts making some headway in talking and she was very supportive of this, a pleasant surprise. The Vaccine Book by Dr. Sears has great information on an Alternative Vaccination Schedule to help reduce the amount of aluminum that our kids are exposed to at such a young age. I only wish we had read it before Bright was born.

No more news. Good night!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

My house is shameful. I am finding that "clean" now means "picked up". I am so happy/proud when I get the laundry sorted and the toys picked up I never get to the kitchen floor, the dusting, or whatnot. And clean hair is a wonderful privelege!!! Good luck with all that!!

Anonymous said...

I live in my hat...that and my green hoodie are like my mom-uniform. I hope Bright feels better soon...so hard when they are sick and we can't help them more!