Friday, May 30, 2008

Feverish Friday

Tonight Bright had a fever. He had taken two naps today, unusual now for him. He wasn't excited about his bath tonight and when we took him outside to look at the lake he made the saddest face I have seen from him. When we came in we both thought his head was hot and when we took his temp it was high. A little Tylenol and he was back to his usual self. No other signs of sickness. We'll keep our fingers crossed that this was just a fluke.

Today the woman that runs story time at our library asked me if I would be interested in running the lap sit for babies this summer. Yes please! So I am stoked about that! From July to August and I can just plan it any way that I would like. Great!

Had to see the doctor today for a plugged milk duct. Can you believe that there is only one lactation consultant out here for three counties? That is so sad. Be thankful for when you do find those skilled professionals out there, and soak up every bit of wisdom you can. I have thanked Janie from the Birth Center a million times in my head for all of her help before we moved. They have an amazing program out there in Eugene. I asked about midwives out here when I was seeing the doc. She said they only have lay midwives that work under a surgeon and then they only are in contact when something bad has happened. The closest group is an hour away. Ugh! How can there be such a difference in lifestyles, values and services in our country? I guess if you never experienced a midwife, you'd never question whether your care could have been any different. If you never saw or heard of a lactation consultant (and a good one at that) when you had trouble breastfeeding, then you'd never know that it could be different.

Thankfully we all had a nice, quiet night of sleep here last night. Upstairs girl must be going back to working the night shift. Yahoo!

Time for bed. Andy is watching Man vs. Wild and it always makes me tense. That poor guy goes through so much awful stuff when they just drop him in the middle of nowhere, left to build his own shelters, find food, survive near drownings, etc. Sounds like entertainment to me. Andy would say that I am just getting cranky in my old age... to that I say, "Get off my yard you damn kids!".

No comments: