Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Now we can all breathe

Bright did just great for his baptism on Sunday. I had been sweating about that day since we first made contact with the Deacon to set it up. Bright continues to be a poor sleeper and we continue to be unwilling and unable to let him cry it out at night, thus we are all sleepy most of the time and somewhat irritable. I am beginning to think this is just my personality now... Anyhow, Bright woke up on Sunday at 5;45 am and I got him up and ready for the day. I figured that the disastrous picture that had been formed in my head of that day was truly going to come true since he was up so early and wouldn't be able to take him nap because we would be in church. We played and yawned together in the living room for an hour, Andy got up and watched him while I showered and then I fed him. We like to call it a "Drink Nap"- feeding him laying down totally puts him out, if he is in the right frame of mind, and this past Sunday he was! We napped together for an hour and then off to church. He seemed to really enjoy being the center of attention and did not make a peep, even when the water was trickled over him and the oil was placed on him. His poor eyes got all red from the scent of the oil and Andy popped him into the restroom to discretely wash it off while church went on. Bright only cried once at the end while we were waiting to process out and then he was fine. We went to my Mom and Dad's for a great brunch with lots of family and friends and Brighty fell asleep in the car on the way home!

My mom has ordered a play pen for us- Bright is making great progress with crawling- backwards- and yesterday got himself wedged under the desk in the living room. Today he made it over to the other desk with several rows of dvds before I even realized it. Here is some video and a picture from today and one from Sunday's brunch with our cousin's baby. She is a month older than Bright.

1 comment:

Andy said...

love you, sorry things are so hard :(