Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Another milestone

Today Bright pulled himself up to standing in the crib. I did not get to see it. I was in the shower but Andy caught him in the act! I figured that was a fluke and did not give it much thought, other than WOW, what are we in for now?! Then later on in the day he did it again on the dining room chair and tried again on the set of shelves in the living room (note to self- must baby proof house). He is pretty fast now when he moves around, whether it's by crawling backwards, which he has mastered, or by this modified crawl-scoot-slide that he does to go forward. His top teeth are totally coming in- his gums are sooo red and puffy and you can see the outline of the teeth now. Poor guy! He has been eating cereal and pureed fruits and veggies for a while now. I think I am going to try and make more homemade baby food again. He really loves bananas and peaches and applesauce- not such a fan of the peas though. His cousin, a month older than him, is eating cheerios (in half) and all kinds of mixed foods.

Tomorrow we are off to a La Leche League Meeting and then I have another dentist appointment to see why my tooth that I had filled last week still hurts. I loathe going to the dentist so you can imagine my delight in having to go back to have them look at what should have been done right the first time.

I am working on a special project here at home. Andy and I are trying to set up a vegetarian supper club of sorts. There are no vegetarian places to eat out here and apparently the places that do have a vegetarian option only serve Gardenburgers, or Grilled Cheese. So our hope is to try to draw out the reclusive vegetarians here in town and have a potluck dinner where we can get together, share food and recipes and maybe meet some like minded folks. May be a pipe dream that we will find any but I will keep you posted!

Now Bright is asleep and I am off duty....

No comments: