Sunday, August 26, 2007

Music soothes.



Here are some recent pictures . We love this sweet hat that Bright got as a hand-me-down from Shay. He outgrew his other one a while ago. Thanks Shay!

I have found that Bright really, really enjoys listening to music- any kind of music. We have been listening to some Cuban music from iTunes Radio every morning and he gets a real kick out of it. His expression changes as soon as you put it on. This is another good activity to put into my At-Home-Mom "survival kit". My sister-in-law Pamela recently sent me a CD set from the music class she took my niece to when she was younger-Music Together. Thanks a bunch Pam!! We just got done listening to the Fiddle Song Collection. There is one song called No More Pie that I remember Shay singing at the dinner table at their house. Very cute! In my memory though it was called Oh my, I want Some Pie. Andy says that's just because I am sweet obsessed... This is so true, sadly enough. Every day we pass a place called Seneca Farms when we go into town. It is just a small ice cream and fried chicken place. Nothing special to look at, but they have really good ice cream, like 30 flavors at least. Any fruit that is in season they will make into ice cream- blackberries, peaches, strawberries, pumpkin... Ugh.... I need to think about something else or make a trip out there.

Bright tried some pureed carrot today. Not a big hit. Last night he slept 2.5 hours in the crib. I must have fallen asleep at some point during that and forgotten that we had actually gotten him in there. I woke up and thought I had lost him. But there he was- in the crib. For most naps now we can get him in there- never without a struggle but he will sleep in there for a little bit. This is progress.

1 comment:

Andy said...

Did you get my written permission to publish that picture of me?

Got to go, need a chocalee donut.