Saturday, November 17, 2007

Holy Mastitis!

Ouch! That about sums it up. Fever of 102, throbbing pain, general aches and nausea, and unable to carry baby around. Doctor says mastitis. Dang! Most people who get this get it soon after baby is born. I can see why you might give up on the breastfeeding after having a run with this. I don't know that I have felt this cruddy in a long time. I am not sure what brings this infection on- I had been sick with a cold and may have gotten dehydrated, Bright has been sleeping better at night so I might have gotten an angry plugged duct from not feeding him as much, he may have kicked me when I was changing him and irritated things. Who knows? I just want to feel better. I feel pretty helpless. I can feed him, but cannot carry him around or let him crawl all over me like he likes when we play. It seems as though someone in our house has been sick since Halloween. I am ready to be done with it.

On a more positive note- I went back to the dentist yesterday- trip number 4- and I think he finally fixed the problem that was caused by the first person there messing up the original fillings. Ugh- what a pain, but happy to be done with it and them. Bring on the Thanksgiving feast!

Andy's mom and grandma are coming today for a visit. It will be nice to see them and show off the little one. Bright was up at 5am this morning and it took a while to get him back down to sleep- hopefully it won't mess up his schedule too much and we will have a good visit with them.

1 comment:

Ms. Mamma said...

Hi Rachel! I stumbled upon your blog by hitting the 'next blog' button on my blog. Ooooooo! I feel for you! Although I never has the pleasure of mastitis, I BF Snowflake until he was over two years old. I never thought I would, but it is an amazing experience! You have a beautiful family! Have a peaceful Thanksgiving!