Sunday, August 17, 2008

New Skills

Bright's got three new teeth- putting his tooth count somewhere near 14 I think. The molars are really rough coming out but he is doing pretty good, if you don't count the night I had to sleep right by his crib on the floor for five hours. I woke up all cranky and stiff only to look up and see him staring down at me with a huge smile!

Tonight Andy told me we had something new to blog about- puzzles! Bright can now do all of his puzzles even without the pictures underneath. He doesn't need any help rotating the pieces and seems to do them fairly quickly.

Kyle, Pam and Shay come from Portland on Tuesday. Hooray! I am really looking forward to seeing them! I can't wait to see if Shay will play with Bright and Bright with Shay. He has playdates with Madeline on Wednesdays still and they are finally starting to acknowledge each other and check out what the other is doing and perhaps take away a toy or two. Fun to watch.

Lots of ice cream eating going on here. Seneca Farms has Boston Creme Pie ice cream now and we shared a medium bowl this afternoon between the three of us, then went back and bought a half-gallon and had another bowl each (Andy and I) right away. Then another for night time snack. Sign me up for one of those scooters when I have gotten too big from eating ice cream, please. Thankfully they will be closing down for the season in October, I think. Bad time to develop some crazy allergy to exercise now isn't it. I am still taking wacky doses of Claritin a day and keeping that dumb inhaler close by, just in case. Who wants to always have to think about all the "just in case"-es that could happen to a person.... ugh.

Off to watch some internet tv. We have survived so far without cable by getting netflix started back up. Football season may change things though.

No comments: