Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Name Change

Tonight is night #2 of no nursing for Bright. I decided it was time to wean him after a semi-scary incident last week Monday where I found out I have an odd allergy to exercise. Long story short- Monday we went for a good long walk in the morning. My legs started itching like crazy and got worse and worse. When we got home I felt a little tight in the chest and felt like it was getting a bit harder to breathe (might have just been from being a little scared though), ended up in the ER where they said I had Exercise Induced Uticuria and here's an inhaler, and you need to take antihistamines before you do anything resembling exercise again.... Great. Truth be told, it wasn't the first time I had ever felt that way, just really the worst though. The inhaler and the antihistamines aren't great for Bright so I figured that, coupled with the fact that he is nearly 17 months old, it's time to let go of that special time. This has been having an impact on our night time here. Bright has been super difficult to get to sleep which stinks because he had been doing so great as of late. Now it has upwards of an hour and a half to get him to sleep and he cries out Mama, mama desperately when I have left the room. So sad to hear. Andy doesn't cut it for him, not by a long shot. Sorry babe.

So we may need to change the blog to "I made milk..."

No comments: