Sunday, January 13, 2008

Follow up on last night

Well, Bright slept from 7:30-9:00, then until 10:30, when I took him to our bed and nursed him. He slept then until 3 or 4:00 and then again until 6:30. Did the formula work? Who knows. We'll try again tonight. My cousin Kristy and her husband came to watch Bright today while Andy and I went out for an hour. Not a lot of time out- but that was all we needed. Thanks guys!!

On another note- Brighty's momma made him cry today. Andy and I were snuggling on the couch early in the morning while Bright was happily playing with his new box of diapers on the floor just out of our sight. Later on I looked at the box while he was playing with me and noticed that he had apparently eaten a large chunk of it while we weren't looking. He saw me see it, and when I said "Oh, Bright- we can't eat boxes, it will make you sick", he got the saddest face and began to cry. That was the first time that I really realized that he understands so much of what we say. I felt terrible. I didn't say it in a mean way- just to correct him. Lessons learned. A new day tomorrow.

No comments: